httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Fwd: Working Group Last Call: httpbis p4 / p5 / p6 / p7
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 20:03:04 GMT
In case some folks want to check our compliance and fix the spec
(or the code) if we aren't ... now is the time.

....Roy

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
> Subject: Working Group Last Call: httpbis p4 / p5 / p6 / p7
> Date: March 15, 2012 12:20:50 AM PDT
> To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
>
> After discussion with the editors and ADs, I believe the following documents are ready
for Working Group Last Call (WGLC):

> HTTP/1.1, part 4: Conditional Requests
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p4-conditional-19
>
> HTTP/1.1, part 5: Range Requests and Partial Responses
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p5-range-19
>
> HTTP/1.1, part 6: Caching
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-19
>
> HTTP/1.1, part 7: Authentication
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth-19
>
> To encourage implementers to review and provide feedback on the documents, we're doing
a four-week WGLC, ending on April 12, 2012. However, early reviews are appreciated, as that
will give us the opportunity to discuss potential changes at our Paris meeting.

> *** Providing Feedback
>
> Your input should be sent to this mailing list, clearly marked with "WGLC" and the appropriate
part. E.g., with Subject lines such as:

> Subject: WGLC review of p4-conditional
> Subject: WGLC issue: "foo" in p5
>
> Issues that you believe to be editorial in nature (e.g., typos, suggested re-phrasing)
can be grouped together in a single e-mail. Substantive issues (what we call "design" issues)
that may need discussion should be sent one per e-mail, with a descriptive subject.

> If you disagree with the resolution of a previously discussed issue, you're encouraged
to note that at this time.

> *** What's Next
>
> The Working Group will discuss these issues, re-issuing drafts as necessary. Tickets
raised on these drafts will have a severity of "In WG Last Call" , and once they are disposed
of, we'll see if there's consensus on going to IETF Last Call on them (as Chair, I'll judge
this for each document except p6, where I'll defer to Mark Baker, the document shepherd, since
I've edited a substantial part of that specification).

> p1, p2 and p3 should join them in WGLC at or shortly after our Paris meeting. We anticipate
sending all of the documents to IETF LC together.

> Thanks to the editors for their hard work in getting to this point.
>
> --
> Mark Nottingham
> http://www.mnot.net/

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
> Subject: Re: Working Group Last Call: httpbis p4 / p5 / p6 / p7
> Date: March 15, 2012 1:23:00 AM PDT
> To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
>
> Hi there,
>
> please also note that we have HTML versions at
>
> https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/httpbis/draft-ietf-httpbis/19/p4-conditional.html
>
> https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/httpbis/draft-ietf-httpbis/19/p5-range.html
>
> https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/httpbis/draft-ietf-httpbis/19/p6-cache.html
>
> https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/httpbis/draft-ietf-httpbis/19/p7-auth.html
>
> which come with feedback links that should make it really simple to provide quick comments.
>
> Also, we'll continue to work on the drafts as comments come in; you can always find the
latest and greatest at

> https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/httpbis/draft-ietf-httpbis/latest/p4-conditional.html
>
> https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/httpbis/draft-ietf-httpbis/latest/p5-range.html
>
> https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/httpbis/draft-ietf-httpbis/latest/p6-cache.html
>
> https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/httpbis/draft-ietf-httpbis/latest/p7-auth.html
>
> For trivial corrections, if you suspect that somebody else might already have reported
the bug, you may want to check here whether it's fixed already.