httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <>
Subject Re: Windows testers, AcceptFilter troubles solved?
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2012 19:44:25 GMT
On 3/18/2012 7:17 AM, Steffen wrote:
> What are you trying to solve ?
> That we do not get anymore the errors like: winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.

That bug goes to the actual socket stack, nothing we can fix, something
we want to avoid and simply disable AcceptEx due to the broken network
stack drivers who don't know how to recycle sockets correctly.  So not
the bug this fixed.

> the broken Acceptfilter https none and connect, which gives errors in the browser like:
> Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.
> Error 15 (net::ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED): Unknown error
> I tested the patch and still the errors above with none and connect.

That is good to know.  It was the programmatic bug, now the question
is; how has MSDN misdocumented the behavior?  I believe there is only
one way to determine this, I'll throw a patch out there to document the
socket behavior into the log (timeouts/blocking/etc) which have to be
correct in order for apr_socket API's to correctly process the socket.

Testing was much appreciated!

View raw message