httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cannot start httpd v2.4.1 with mpm_build on AIX
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:47:01 GMT
Hi Jeff,
Am 07.03.2012 13:27, schrieb Jeff Trawick:
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 8:00 PM, Guenter Knauf<fuankg@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Hi Jeff,
>> Am 26.02.2012 22:44, schrieb Jeff Trawick:
>>
>>> I guess the problem is that those MPM APIs are not decorated with
>>> AP_DECLARE() so they don't get added to httpd.exp so they don't get
>>> exported from httpd on AIX.
>>>
>>> Can you try the attached patch to mpm_common.h?
>>
>> it seems that this breaks the NetWare build now; I've not looked into it
>> myself since I'm swamped currently with other stuff, but Norm just sent me
>> this mail:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Tried to send this to devAThttpd-apache but it got bounced; how peasant
>> compared to other lists I've sent issues to. I'll watch for fixes.
>>
>> r1294936 causes extra export symbols.
>> Hi,
>> Re httpd-trunk:
>> r1294936 added AP_DECLARE_xxx() to a number of func prototypes/vars in
>> mpm_common.h. These are now found by the 'build/nw_exp_var.awk' script,
>> which causes the NetWare apache2 link to fail for missing exports. As
>> these functions are NOT common to NetWare or likely other non-Unix OS
>> (all seem to be in mpm_unix or related mpm's such as event and worker),
>> should these prototypes/vsrs now be in ap_mpm.h instead?
>>
>> Norm
>>

> Thanks; I'll look into that.
any news on that? Sorry, but unless you give a clear statement on how to
proceed with these I'm unable to fix it self; if you say that these
functions need to be extported by every platform then fine - we must
then either provide dummies for those platforms which dont have them, or
ifdef; or we need to move these into a unix-only header;
its IMO not ok to suddenly decide to export these functions in order to
fix one platform and break another one for that; and also I'm curious
how Windows builds can cope with that, and wonder that nothing yet came
from this end ...
here are the sysmbols in question:
LINK obj_release/Apache2.nlm
### mwldnlm Linker Error:
#   Undefined symbol: ] in
#   Export list
### mwldnlm Linker Error:
#   Undefined symbol: ap_fatal_signal_child_setup in
#   Export list
### mwldnlm Linker Error:
#   Undefined symbol: ap_fatal_signal_setup in
#   Export list
### mwldnlm Linker Error:
#   Undefined symbol: ap_mpm_safe_kill in
#   Export list
### mwldnlm Linker Error:
#   Undefined symbol: ap_process_child_status in
#   Export list
### mwldnlm Linker Error:
#   Undefined symbol: ap_reclaim_child_processes in
#   Export list
### mwldnlm Linker Error:
#   Undefined symbol: ap_register_extra_mpm_process in
#   Export list
### mwldnlm Linker Error:
#   Undefined symbol: ap_relieve_child_processes in
#   Export list
### mwldnlm Linker Error:
#   Undefined symbol: ap_unregister_extra_mpm_process in
#   Export list

where the 1st one is a quirk from the awk script ...

Gün.