httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cannot start httpd v2.4.1 with mpm_build on AIX
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 01:00:42 GMT
Hi Jeff,
Am 26.02.2012 22:44, schrieb Jeff Trawick:
> I guess the problem is that those MPM APIs are not decorated with
> AP_DECLARE() so they don't get added to httpd.exp so they don't get
> exported from httpd on AIX.
>
> Can you try the attached patch to mpm_common.h?
it seems that this breaks the NetWare build now; I've not looked into it
myself since I'm swamped currently with other stuff, but Norm just sent
me this mail:

Hi,
Tried to send this to devAThttpd-apache but it got bounced; how peasant
compared to other lists I've sent issues to. I'll watch for fixes.

r1294936 causes extra export symbols.
Hi,
Re httpd-trunk:
r1294936 added AP_DECLARE_xxx() to a number of func prototypes/vars in
mpm_common.h. These are now found by the 'build/nw_exp_var.awk' script,
which causes the NetWare apache2 link to fail for missing exports. As
these functions are NOT common to NetWare or likely other non-Unix OS
(all seem to be in mpm_unix or related mpm's such as event and worker),
should these prototypes/vsrs now be in ap_mpm.h instead?

Norm