httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: httpd 2.4.1 and mod_slotmem_shm / mod_proxy_balancer (AH01179)
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 00:32:12 GMT
On 06.03.2012 15:53, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group
> <ruediger.pluem@vodafone.com>  wrote:
>> Sounds reasonable.
>
> BTW, I started sketching out a RuntimeDir directive and
> ap_runtime_dir_relative() API.  (i.e., I threw some code together but
> I don't have time this a.m. to test it ;) ).
>
> If something like that is considered the basis of an appropriate
> resolution to this particular problem, I'll proceed in the short term.
>   Otherwise, I may wait for a rainy day.

I like the idea even if the current problem will be fixed without. I
think the locations of all created or read file can be influenced by
configuration except for some implicit files in DEFAULT_REL_RUNTIMEDIR,
which is a build time setting. So being able to influence helps in post
build adoption of the layout.

I hope there's no boostapping problem in the sense of runtimedir needed
before config was parsed.

Have a rainy day ;)

Regards,

Rainer