httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [RE-VOTE #3] adoption of mod_combine subproject
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:54:44 GMT
On 3/5/2012 12:29 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 10:08 AM, William A. Rowe Jr.
> <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> A proposal to adopt mod_combine is attached.
>>
>>  [ ] Option 1: adopt as trunk module
>>  [ ] Option 2: adopt only as subproject
> [X] Option 3: do not adopt

Before tallying, I just wanted to clarify your thoughts, Jeff.

If this module has a place in the public commons, I'm going to guess
that the BBC doesn't have an efficient open source development arm
who are prepared to deal with licensing and the ongoing concerns of
publishing source code for free.

So I tend to doubt that there is another vehicle other than the ASF
that would support Graham publishing this to the community.  If you
don't believe it merits a subproject, then the two options remaining
would be a sandbox / unpublished module al la mod_arm4 (and I don't
think we want to propagate such examples), or a labs project for now.

So based on your concerns, how do you recommend Graham proceed with
this code?