httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Proposal: adoption of mod_policy subproject
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 19:02:33 GMT
On 03.03.2012 15:22, Eric Covener wrote:
>>> But it would have to be clear that inclusion into trunk would not by
>>> default mean that they would be included in the next major release.
>>>
>>> Especially for mod_ftp, I think that it requires many more eyeballs
>>> and a comprehensive test suite before it should be part of a stable
>>> release. Otherewise, it would just be a source of lots of security
>>> issues that need to be handled and would tie up resources.
>>>

>> Including into trunk, and with 2.4 RTC, then the above is all
>> assumed...
>
> I think Stefan's legitimate concern is implicit inclusion in 2.6/3.0,
> not a potential backport into 2.4.

Yes, I think that's what he meant.

IMHO that wasn't a problem lately. When we got closer to 2.4 several
pieces were removed, because they were not well tested, not
well-documented or didn't work. Determining the stuff to remove from the
release wasn't a difficult or controversial discussion. So I'd say no
further hard rules on which additions to trunk will make it into a
further release are needed.

Regards,

Rainer