httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Smith <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: Win VC10 project files convert
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 22:00:10 GMT
On 2/26/2012 10:11 AM, Steffen wrote:
> When I recall on the list is stated that .dsw and .dsp files cannot
> directly be used by VC10, so we should drop them.
> Correct me if I have read/understood wrong.

I will not state that the Express version doesn't, because by the time
it came out, I had been used to the dual conversion process because the
Pro beta did not. However, I can also recall a mail to dev that said
same, and I believe this person was using the Express version.

> But in the MS docu I read:
> By using Visual C++ 2010, you can open and save a project that was
> built in Visual C++ version 6 or later. Visual C++ will convert the
> project automatically. The upgrade process creates project files that
> have the extension .vcxproj, and does not remove old project files
> (.dsp, .vcproj).
> Tried as test  with APR, and yes double clicking the dsp, it converts
> and builds fine. Later I try HTTPD.

I have the Pro version now  and tried httpd package last night and the
outcome was less than I'd hoped, it just did not do it correctly IMO.
Which led to nothing being able to find libs to link to. I just now
grabbed the vcproj files from my VC9 build and converted them, no
problems so far. One thing I am now noticing is that project
dependencies that were set in VC9 cannot be removed in VC10.

Gregg