httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: A push for 2.4.2
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 22:47:20 GMT
On 26 Mar 2012, at 12:18 AM, Michael Felt wrote:

> I have been trying to build trunk from "trunk" versions of apr and apr-util. buildconf
complains about not being able to find APR-util (or apr-UTIL). In any case, caps are involved.
Windows might not complain, but UNIX does.

In theory, you should be able to get away with not calling buildconf at all, given that this
command is run before the tarballs are created and it should all be functional from the outset.
Or to put it another way, you only need to run buildconf if you checked the code out from
svn, instead of trying to build from a tarball.

The ./configure script needs the base path of the apr and apr-util installations passed to
it, something like this:

./configure [options] --with-apr=%{_prefix} --with-apr-util=%{_prefix}

where prefix is /opt/local (for you, as I recall).

Regards,
Graham