httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Steffen" <i...@apachelounge.com>
Subject Re: Win VC10 project files convert
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:19:40 GMT
Thanks,

My situation must be diffrent I do not use SDK to build but VC10 Prof
Edition only.:
I build here GUI only , without needing the scripts you advice, out of the
box.

Also eg. openssl and zlib build with VC10 prompt.

Steffen

-----Original Message-----
From: Rainer Jung
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:35 PM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Win VC10 project files convert

On 26.02.2012 19:11, Steffen wrote:
> When I recall on the list is stated that .dsw and .dsp files cannot
> directly be used by VC10, so we should drop them.
> Correct me if I have read/understood wrong.
> But in the MS docu I read:
> By using Visual C++ 2010, you can open and save a project that was built
> in Visual C++ version 6 or later. Visual C++ will convert the project
> automatically. The upgrade process creates project files that have the
> extension .vcxproj, and does not remove old project files (.dsp, .vcproj).
> Tried as test with APR, and yes double clicking the dsp, it converts and
> builds fine. Later I try HTTPD.
> note:
> When you have installed SDK v7.1, be aware that the CMD-line as well the
> GUI is *picking up the v7.0a out of the box*. You can check it by
> renaming the v7.0a folder and then do a build. Change it for CMD-line in
> the file VCVarsQueryRegistry.bat, and for the GUI in
> Microsoft.Cpp.Win32/64.default.props.

Steffen,

in case you run into problems: you might want to check out my notes
about building on Windows:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/201201.mbox/%3C4F0485CC.2070106@kippdata.de%3E

Examples for unexpected problems were concurrent building and missing
dependency information after VC 2010 conversion.

Regards,

Rainer