httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: httpd-2.3.16-beta "make install" fails...
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 15:28:34 GMT
FWIW, I have a hack between make/make install w/ DESTDIR in my 22x AIX
builds for this.  I think it's probably better as Graham says to not
build w/ bundled deps as DESTDIR (if I could go back, I'd make install
DESTDIR= the prereqs one at a time).

# AIX/HPUX-parisc: When libtool is relinking libaprutil for install,
# it tries to pass $libdir/foo.la for expat and apr, because the .la
files think they've been installed
# without the DESTDIR prepended to them. The change below changes the
linkage to look like non-libtool for expat
# and excludes the linkage for apr
perl -p -i.orig -e  \"s#[^
]+libexpat.la#-L$curdir/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib/ -lexpat#" .
                      " ; s#[^ ]+libapr-1.la##;\" "  .
                      "$curdir/srclib/apr-util/Makefile

(caution: comment writer / kludger doesn't understand autoconf/libtool)