httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian J. France" <>
Subject Re: WebDAV and ACL (RFC3744), status?
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 15:53:14 GMT
I had started breaking up the patches from mod_dav_acl into smaller chunks and getting them
imported into the trunk.

My goal was to get a mod_dav_acl like module added.  I say like because mod_dav_acl currently
requires xfs and stores the auth information in the xfs attributes and I wanted to create
a more authn type module.  Something that could have a flat file, dbm, dbd, etc type plugins.

After mod_dav_acl was done I wanted to get mod_caldav and mod_cardav imported as well, but
free time dried up and I never finished.

On Feb 1, 2012, at 10:38 AM, Andreas wrote:

> Good evening.
> Where can I find out if httpd/mod_dav has support for ACL's?
> After digging in the mailinglist, there seem to have been some activity
> about the topic in 2007 and 2009 but no patches seem to be applied.
> I checked today on 2.3beta, there is no "--enable-dav-acl" option yet
> (unless enabled by default?).
> I could not find any bugzilla issue tracking the patches either, so now
> I ask here as a last resort if anyone knows status on it. :)
> Regards
> --
> Andreas
>  ... Mental backup in progress - Do Not Disturb!

View raw message