httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [RESULT] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.1
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2012 21:51:11 GMT
On 18 Feb 2012, at 6:22 PM, Michael Felt wrote:

> If this is generic to builds, I would appreciate the HOWTO (link) as well as I am investigating
howto build httpd with ldap support on AIX.
> One path is with openldap, other is with with itdsclient (IBM Tivoli Directory Server)
support.

You would need to add the correct configure options to your apr-util build, and then the httpd
build.

> Other question, while asking - what is lua support? How disappointed, or better, why
will httpd admins/users be disappointed when lua is not support "out of the box"?

Lua is a programming language:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_%28programming_language%29

If lua is available as a package on AIX, then adding support for it should be straightforward,
however it would probably be best to package mod_lua separately, so that someone installing
httpd isn't forced to install lua if they don't need it.

The RPM packaging places some modules into their own dedicated packages for this reason:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/platform/rpm.html#building

Regards,
Graham