httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: WebDAV and ACL (RFC3744), status?
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 15:55:01 GMT
On 01 Feb 2012, at 5:38 PM, Andreas wrote:

> Where can I find out if httpd/mod_dav has support for ACL's?
>
> After digging in the mailinglist, there seem to have been some activity
> about the topic in 2007 and 2009 but no patches seem to be applied.
>
> I checked today on 2.3beta, there is no "--enable-dav-acl" option yet
> (unless enabled by default?).
>
> I could not find any bugzilla issue tracking the patches either, so now
> I ask here as a last resort if anyone knows status on it. :)

There is an externally maintained module at http://sourceforge.net/projects/moddavacl/ that
does this, which in the past required some patches to httpd in order to work.

The effort you saw was an attempt to get these patches into httpd proper, so the module could
be used as is unmodified without patching httpd. Not sure at this point whether moddavacl
has yet been ported to httpd v2.4, you would have to ask that project to confirm.

Regards,
Graham