httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Win VC10 project files convert
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:35:27 GMT
On 26.02.2012 19:11, Steffen wrote:
> When I recall on the list is stated that .dsw and .dsp files cannot
> directly be used by VC10, so we should drop them.
> Correct me if I have read/understood wrong.
> But in the MS docu I read:
> By using Visual C++ 2010, you can open and save a project that was built
> in Visual C++ version 6 or later. Visual C++ will convert the project
> automatically. The upgrade process creates project files that have the
> extension .vcxproj, and does not remove old project files (.dsp, .vcproj).
> Tried as test with APR, and yes double clicking the dsp, it converts and
> builds fine. Later I try HTTPD.
> note:
> When you have installed SDK v7.1, be aware that the CMD-line as well the
> GUI is *picking up the v7.0a out of the box*. You can check it by
> renaming the v7.0a folder and then do a build. Change it for CMD-line in
> the file VCVarsQueryRegistry.bat, and for the GUI in
> Microsoft.Cpp.Win32/64.default.props.

Steffen,

in case you run into problems: you might want to check out my notes
about building on Windows:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/201201.mbox/%3C4F0485CC.2070106@kippdata.de%3E

Examples for unexpected problems were concurrent building and missing
dependency information after VC 2010 conversion.

Regards,

Rainer