httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: AsyncRequestWorkerFactor / Event Sizing / Closing Connections
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:48:36 GMT
On 22.02.2012 09:53, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Rainer Jung wrote on Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 04:53:34 +0100:
>> "C" only occasionally, not with such a big percentage. E.g. on the
>> EU mirror running 2.2 and having less traffic there is hardly ever a
>> "C" to notice. Is that an expected 2.4/event difference, or is there
>> something strange with the us network infrastructure?
>
> The EU mirror is not in the geo DNS rotation at this time.  The only
> traffic it sees it are people who type foo.eu.apache.org directly into
> their browser.
>
> (which probably happens occasionally for www.eu and never for the other
> vhosts)

Yes but still 50% is quite high. Code says "C" is also during lingeirng
close. We would also start lingring close if there would be no idle
worker available, so it could also indicate a problem.

Nevertheless I still think the closing sockets shouldn't count against
AsyncRequestWorkerFactor.

Regards,

Rainer