httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject [DISCUSS] Platform docs
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 03:56:18 GMT
On 2/19/2012 1:56 PM, Michael Felt wrote:
> Platform specific ... documentation.
> Should I be thinking about writing something for AIX here, as I get it finished. Or is
the
> README file going to be sufficient?

It seems there is a lot of confusion going on right now, since each
platform gets a varying amount of attention.  I don't particularly
have an urge to apply any more documentation for Windows than Linux
gets, as there are a number of distributions and a number of methods
for building on Windows.

>From this link; http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/ you will observe
that the lower half of the right column is the 'official' place for
platform/architecture docs.  Outright bugs should be corrected by
offering a patch.

Sometimes we are creating new text, this could even include you, and
it's a bit to dynamic for the main docs tree yet.  There are several
groups of architecture-related docs at http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/
which are still being improved.  Making contributions to this wiki
and then bringing them up for discussion at docs@httpd.apache.org
is the surest way to help them find review and inclusion in the main
httpd docs.

So for example, there are some AIX comments already on the wiki;
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/AIXPlatform as well as several pages
worth of Windows observations.