httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Ruggeri <DRugg...@primary.net>
Subject Re: [RESULT] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.1
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:56:17 GMT
On 2/18/2012 12:43 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> It's quite certainly GA for windows.
>
> Unless you wish to run mod_ssl on a port, and never successfully ran
> without the DisableWin32AcceptEx directive.
>
> For that small subset of users, there is more diagnostics required,
> and they won't enjoy success until 2.4.2 if then.

Bill/Jim;
   Can we be sure there is some form of documentation (wiki/formal
doc/something) noted in the release announcement so users aren't taken
by surprise? I volunteer to construct such a document, but may need some
additional education myself on the details.

P.S.
   Since we seem to have a gap in this arena, I did take advantage of
the MSDN subscription Microsoft has kindly donated. Short of a little
screensaver built in the 'lite' version of visual studio, I haven't done
much building on Windows. Does anyone have a good link/suggestions to
begin producing httpd builds with openssl/openldap included?

--
Daniel Ruggeri