httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.1
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 21:02:49 GMT
On 2/15/2012 2:49 PM, Gregg Smith wrote:

> How did "timing issues" not affect the old hack, and why not use the old "known to work"
> hack for at least AcceptFilter none, up until some better fix is found? If that fix is
> found and cannot be implemented till 2.next, then 2.next it is.

That answer's easy.  The old hack was ~1k-2k LoC, the entire original
Windows 95 implementation.  The new hack is some ~50-100 LoC, but as
usual there are side effects of the change we have not yet tracked down.

Yes it will affect adoption, and that is not a reason to hold up further
progress towards release.  How many people refuse a .0 release anyways?
The release is what it is.