httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.1
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 19:48:42 GMT
On 13.02.2012 14:56, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The 2.4.1 (candidate) tarballs are available for download and test:
>
> 	http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as Apache httpd 2.4.1 GA.
> NOTE: The -deps tarballs are included here *only* to make life
> easier for the tester. They will not be, and are not, part
> of the official release.
>
>    [ ] +1: Good to go
>    [ ] +0: meh
>    [ ] -1: Danger Will Robinson. And why.
>
> Vote will last the normal 72 hrs.

Out of tree build with "included" apr is broken.

The new configure check

if test "x$with_included_apr" = "xyes"; then
   apr_found=reconfig
   if test ! -d srclib/apr; then
     as_fn_error $? "Bundled APR requested but not found at ./srclib/.
Download and unpack the corresponding apr and apr-util packages to
./srclib/." "$LINENO" 5
   fi
else

only works, if there is a srclib/apr underneath the build directory. For
out of tree builds this is not true. I guess it should be
"$srcdir/srclib/apr".

Is this critical? It is not a problem if building in tree or using an
external APR.

Regards,

Rainer