httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Intent to T&R 2.4.1
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 09:07:42 GMT
On 02/13/2012 04:55 AM, Gregg Smith wrote:
> On 2/12/2012 11:30 AM, Mladen Turk wrote:
>>
>> Note that I have used VC 6.0 + Server 2003R2 PSDK and
>> build directly from .dsw/.dsp files.
>> Also I used pcre sources from old httpd (the cmake build just sucks
>> and I cannot make that working on windoze).
>>

> These are VC9 builds here w/ latest PCRE since VC6 is as good as dead. There's even been
mention to do away with the .dsw/.dsp files which I am strongly against for reason other than
supporting VC6. This just may have something to do with the newer msvcrt.

We should drop all those .dsp/.sln/.vcproj files and have plain nmake build system.
I have nmakefiles for apr/apu/iconv/httpd etc.
Offered that of httpd project couple of years back and it was said:
Who will maintain this?. We should use scons, bla, bla ...

Well, the question is who maintains the current unusable build environment?
Currently maintenance is editing ".dsp" files manually, and please if someone can
explain to me how is that simpler the editing makefiles?
Not to mention that Makefile.win which does who know what.

Regards
--
^TM