httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [discuss] Bundle apr/apu with 2.4.x
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 20:26:31 GMT
On 2/7/2012 7:15 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2012, at 12:51 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

>>> Can we be sure that the configure script will continue to pass
>>> parameters as it does today to these "sub" configure scripts, too?
>>
>> I thought that would be implicit ;-)
>
> As soon as Bill completes the above, I think we can progress
> with discussions re: T&R 2.4.1.

What was consensus?  I'm not really sure I read one; could you
tally the discussion Jim?  --build-apr only makes sense if we
strip out 'builtin' srclib/apr.

I was making a suggestion to Kaspar, though :)  Spending my time
in the morass of 2.0.65 so that we can T&R the vulnerable code
and call it 'done, final, gone' (or nearly so).  That, and getting
patches into mod_ftp and tagging both the long neglected ftp and
fcgid modules for votes.  fcgid has some substantial fixes already
in tree.

My 2.4.x time is given over to solving disconnect/reuse socket/
ssl timeout flukes on windows right now, because I really want
to fix any remaining edge cases.  I do love hacking at autoconf
magic (heh heh), but can't get to it this moment.

If anyone else wants to play in the .m4 code, please 'steal this
idea' :)  Otherwise I am happy to do it, more on a timetable of
early next week though.