httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <>
Subject Re: remove mod_heart* from 2.4?(was: 2.4.0 GA This week?)
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 23:47:33 GMT
On 02/04/2012 12:27 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> On 2/3/2012 12:51 PM, Gregg Smith wrote:
>> a way of monitoring a cluster of servers and opening another way of balancing the
>> (lb_meathod_byheartbeat).
>> This is what I see when I look at the bundle.
> With what external mechanisms that exist today?  Over what protocol?
> In use today by mod_proxy_balancer?

The protocol allows to exchange heartbeat info between multiple
httpd instances and as such is irrelevant.
Although could be made public so that other app servers can
post their status to heartmonitor allowing to add/remove
group members when they go on/off line (at least that's the idea).

> I'll review the docs myself next
> week when I come up for air, but what I don't want to do is ship
> something a typical user can't directly take advantage of without
> third party modules.

No third party modules is needed.
You need frontend httpd and bunch of backend httpd+php or something
like that.

View raw message