httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dr Stephen Henson <shen...@opensslfoundation.com>
Subject Re: OpenSSL configuration and mod_ssl
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:50:48 GMT
On 02/02/2012 14:22, "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" wrote:

>> It has been apparent for some time that mod_ssl (and other applications)
>> require
>> a considerable effort to support new features in OpenSSL.
>>

>> A third method is to delegate the configuration completely to OpenSSL
>> using a
>> separate configuration file. So, we'd have an option to set the
>> configuration
>> file to use and then something like:
>>
>> int SSL_CTX_config(SSL_CTX *ctx, const char *config_name);
>
> -0 from mod_ssl perspective. How do you configure which configuration file to use in
this case?
> If it is the system wide one I don't regard this as beneficial as a web server operator
might
> not have write access to it.

Sorry should've explained that bit. The configuration file to use wouldn't be
hard coded. There would be a separate API which would allow an application to
decide which configuration file to use. It could be either a system wide one or
a local one dealing with mod_ssl only.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen Henson. OpenSSL Software Foundation, Inc.
1829 Mount Ephraim Road