httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: [proposed] remove docs/1.3/
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:30:26 GMT
On 26 Feb 2012, at 10:34, Graham Leggett wrote:

> On 26 Feb 2012, at 9:35 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>
>> Ok folks, it's been a "few years"... over 10, in fact, that 1.3 has
>> been dead.
>>
>> Doesn't it seem overtime to take down 1.3 docs from the site, altogether?
>
> I find that from time to time, v1.3 documentation comes up in Google searches, which
probably confuses users who don't know what they're looking at.

There are ways to leave it there but persuade crawlers not to index it. Maybe even serve it
with 410 status and some JavaScript to point out that the page is deprecated.

I think the first one is worthwhile and the second one is not worth the extra effort.

--
Tim Bannister – isoma@jellybaby.net