httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1221296 - /httpd/docs-build/trunk/build.xml
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 09:41:39 GMT
On 10 Feb 2012, at 9:55 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:

> Since the build system is shared between at least 2.2, 2.4 and trunk, this change also
moved the man pages from ab, apxs and logrotate from section 8 to section 1 for 2.2.x. Unfortunately
this is now a bit inconsistent, because the bins are still installed to sbin for 2.2.x. Also
the specs file contained in 2.2.x does no longer work. See BZ 52594.

> I guess we should keep the bin files and man pages in the same location where they have
been until 2.2.21. It seems we need some kind of version dependency in the build.xml (or a
branch of the build system)?

I think for the quickest win a branch will do the trick.

Ideally the type of man page should be a property of the man page somehow, not baked into
the script that generates it, which is shared among many branches.

Regards,
Graham