httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.1
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 21:33:21 GMT
On Monday 13 February 2012, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The 2.4.1 (candidate) tarballs are available for download and test:
>
> 	http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as Apache httpd 2.4.1 GA.
> NOTE: The -deps tarballs are included here *only* to make life
> easier for the tester. They will not be, and are not, part
> of the official release.
>
>   [ ] +1: Good to go
>   [ ] +0: meh
>   [ ] -1: Danger Will Robinson. And why.
>
> Vote will last the normal 72 hrs.

Depending on the configuration (mod_lua and mod_cgid enabled, using
the unmodified config file from make install), I got

t/modules/cgi.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 58 Failed: 1)
  Failed test:  54

I think someone else saw this before. The problem detected by the test
is that part of the lua translate_name hook source code is logged in
the script log. The source of the problem is that an incomplete header
read from the cgi is not 0-terminated in the error case. It's probably
coincidence that the test only triggers with mod_lua. Maybe there is
usually not a long enough string in the buffer to trigger the failure.

Fixed in r1244211 / r1244213. I think 2.2 needs the same fix.

Does not look like a regression, therefore I would not see this as
blocker for GA. But I want to do some more testing before I vote.

Cheers,
Stefan