httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Steffen" <i...@apachelounge.com>
Subject Re: Please get solved the issue DisableWin32AcceptEx (AcceptFilter none)
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:32:39 GMT
Thanks, that explains a lot to me how things works at HTTP development.

I am not a dev and not complaining, just letting you all know what issues
the community is dealing with. And note, that most I discover with Windows
is also valid for eg. *nix.

Looks I am on the wrong list all the time, better I stop to clutter the
dev-list with issues and wait when some is GA.  And lean more on (non ASF)
dev's who are member of the community.

Excuses for the stuff I posted on the list.

Steffen

-----Original Message-----
From: Issac Goldstand
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:00 AM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Please get solved the issue DisableWin32AcceptEx (AcceptFilter
none)

On 15/02/2012 23:56, Steffen wrote:
> Only trying to help and sounding the concerns of the Apache Windows
> Community.
>
> The issue seems too hard for you (and other HTTPD dev's) to solve, and
> that
> for  years.  Accept to go for help from eg. Microsoft or a Driver vendor.
>
> I think really that it is time to solve this, not an other 12 years
> with the
> bug.

Go for it.  If you make real progress with it, I practically guarantee
you that a committer will back you up.  If a driver vendor wants to
help, we'll likely accept such help gladly.

If it's importance to the Windows community (which I'm a part of, too,
by the way) is content to leave it at whining, then it's obviously not
such a problem - after all people have been working around it for 12
years, and apparently noone's cared enough to fix it.

I for one really appreciate what you try to do for the Windows
community, but as I'm sure you've noticed by now, things here don't get
fixed when people complain; they get fixed when people volunteer to fix
things.

  Issac