httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: documenting -deps
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 20:45:27 GMT
On 17 Jan 2012, at 20:31, Graham Leggett wrote:

> The simplest fix for this issue is to modify the "file not found" error message to say
something sensible about requiring the -deps package.

> At the end of the day, the most likely reason someone is trying to add  --with-included-apr
is because they did this in the past, and these people aren't going to have looked in any
documentation, and so won't find any explanation for what to do.

This is what I would have expected. But my autoconf is not up to making a patch.

How about adding a hyperlink to a page that explains the change and ways to deal with it?

--
Tim Bannister – isoma@jellybaby.net