httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Felt <mamf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESCINDED ]Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.0
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:03:51 GMT
I have been adding this to the config.layout
#   Adopt layout using /opt (read-only) filesystem conventions on AIX
#       Standard executables in /opt (shareable)
#       man pages at AIX standard location (/usr/share/man)
#       editable files, scripts in /etc and /var
<Layout AIX>
    prefix:        /opt/apache2
    exec_prefix:   /opt/apache2
    bindir:        ${exec_prefix}/bin
    sbindir:       ${exec_prefix}/sbin
    libdir:        ${exec_prefix}/lib
    libexecdir:    ${exec_prefix}/libexec
    mandir:        /usr/share/man
    sysconfdir:    /etc+
    datadir:       /var+
    installbuilddir: ${datadir}/build
    errordir:      ${datadir}/error
    iconsdir:      ${datadir}/icons
    htdocsdir:     ${datadir}/htdocs
    manualdir:     ${datadir}/manual
    cgidir:        ${datadir}/cgi-bin
    includedir:    ${prefix}/include
    localstatedir: /var+
    runtimedir:    ${localstatedir}/run
    logfiledir:    ${localstatedir}/logs
    proxycachedir: ${localstatedir}/proxy
</Layout>

I am hoping that this will work well supporting WPAR environments as well:

/opt, ideally, works read-only for multiple systems
/etc and /var are local to regular systems (stand-alone and LPAR servers)

So, my question about this proposed layout: are there any files in /opt
that need to be modified on a "per-system" basis?

Finally, as a distributeable I would be creating an "installp", or AIX
legacy package as this, imho, works better than RPM on AIX (and I know it
better ;) )

regards,
Michael