httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Felt <mamf...@gmail.com>
Subject default user/group -- daemon/daemon versus something else (AIX uses nobody/nobody traditionally)
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 08:28:12 GMT
Hi all,

I am working on the bits and pieces to get a DESTDIR build packaged into an
installable package.
On AIX the user/group daemon/daemon does not exist. IBM packaging has
traditionally used nobody/nobody.

If I were to go nobody/nobody are there any other files besides
$sysconfdir/httpd.conf (and "original") that would need a change, and is
there a suitable
.mk file, or something similiar so that these are inserted automatically by
the make process (i.e. by the process that creates the httpd.conf and
supporting files based on the modules configured during the build)?

Or, is the project REALLY REALLY excited about the default user id always
being daemon/daemon? If so, I could just script that as a requirement for
installation. But before I choose either solution path (deviate from
project default, or historical-default for IBM packaging) I would
appreciate some feedback.

regards,
Michael