httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.3.15 RewriteRule P
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 15:35:47 GMT
On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Rüdiger Plüm <r.pluem@gmx.de> wrote:

> Eric Covener wrote:
>>> The different handling of conn->port and conn->hostname doesn't look
>>> right to me. Can the r->proxyreq check actually be false at this point or
is
>>> it simply redundant? And shouldn't the strcasecmp(conn->hostname,
>>> uri->hostname) check be done regardless of r->connection->keepalives?
>>
>> I did not understand the r->keepalives "optimization", maybe comparing
>> hostnames could just come last.
>>

> I don't think that this "optimization" is valid, because this can IMHO lead to
> a situation where a non keepalive frontend connection reuses the wrong backend
> connection. Keepalives between frontend and backend connections are decoupled.
>
> So it should be simply removed.

Just to close the loop on this aspect -- AFAICT the reason we have
this is a vestige of  2.0.x where the backend proxy_conn_rec was
cached in the frotnend per-connection config.  There you could easily
hit /app1 and /app2 over keepalive and this check would kick in.  But
this is n/a in 2.2 and later (the strcmp is not needed at all as
opposed to being needed on initial req).

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com