httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: security patches and releases (was [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.0)
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 16:40:28 GMT
> The idea behind patches is entirely sound, and I strongly disagree that the practice should
stop.
> Instead, the practice should be properly formalised, with comments added to the appropriate
places so that it is made obvious to committers what to do,

+1 to formalising and documenting all of this.

I'm not embarassed to admit that when i'm not blocked waiting on
review / 2nd opinion, I'm frozen on not understanding the process
(when to add security banner, when to coordinate with original
reporter, ...)