httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yehezkel Horowitz <horow...@checkpoint.com>
Subject RE: How are requested URIs translated into local resource names? (where is the "ap_run_translate_name" function?)
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 08:59:21 GMT
You should look for 'core_map_to_storage' and 'ap_core_translate' in server/core.c

Yehezkel Horowitz
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
________________________________
From: tixu@eng.ucsd.edu [mailto:tixu@eng.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Tianyin Xu
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 10:15 AM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: How are requested URIs translated into local resource names? (where is the "ap_run_translate_name"
function?)

Hi, all,

Happy new year!!!

I'm trying to understand how are the requested URIs translated into local resource names in
Apache. For example, how does Apache know which resource name the url "http"//XXX/image/test.png"
points to. What if we use "Alias" or "Redirect" directives?

I looked at the request.c file. It seems such job is done by the function "ap_run_translate_name()"
and "ap_run_map_to_storage()". However, I cannot find the definition or implementation of
these functions at all. It only appears in exports.c and httpd.exp. Both of them are not the
definition/implementation of these functions.

Could anyone tell me how can I find the implementation of the function "ap_run_translate_name"
and "ap_run_map_to_storage"? Or give me some direction or hints.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Best regards,
Tianyin

--