httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: ******* Re: Time for 2.4.0 GA??
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:07:39 GMT
On 16 Jan 2012, at 2:31 PM, Steffen wrote:

> Thanks for the understanding.
>
> Experience is that win issues hardly land in the status. Mostly the answer is make a
bug report, and it is of the table and sitting as reported bug for a very long time. Take
for example the serious bug from Mario about the balancer in 2.3. An other are the mod_fcgid
bugs.

> Also I cannot believe  that eg the rewrite p issue was/is(?) only win.
>
> I propose that the ASF is also going to run windows on one of the heavier/complex  sites
!!  Maybe a vote on that can started.  Please consider.

The best way to find and fix the Windows bugs is to get the code into the hands of the Windows
users, and to do that we must release v2.4.0 as soon as possible.

Trying to delay the release indefinitely until an arbitrary list of bugs is fixed is counterproductive
- you're just keeping the code out of the hands of those who are able to either describe the
problem in enough detail that it can be reproduced, or those who could potentially fix the
problem and submit the fix to us.

The "dot zero" in "2.4.0" is well understood.

Regards,
Graham