httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: Include strangeness
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2012 23:25:55 GMT

…
> even though the whole Include statement does match one file. I think this makes directory
wildcards a lot less useful with Include. Is this intentional or an implementation quirk?
Of course, one can always use IncludeOptional...

Can of worms or not, I worry that releasing 2.4.x means setting this behaviour in stone. Until
2.6 comes out, at least.

Without writing a line of code, committers can agree on what the /expected/ behaviour is and
document that for the release. Code to implement this can follow later.

If this triggers a long, unhappy discussion then I would regret posting. On the other hand,
if Stefan's question leads to a better experience for httpd users, that's really great.

--
Tim Bannister – isoma@jellybaby.net