httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.0
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:36:43 GMT

On Jan 17, 2012, at 12:01 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> On 1/16/2012 10:55 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>> On 1/16/2012 11:50 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> The 2.4.0 (prerelease) tarballs are available for download and test:
>>>
>>> 	http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
> [...]
>> then I have no reason to test.  -1 to release.  Learn tact, man.
>
> To further elaborate...
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/httpd/patches/
>
> * contains nothing to protect adopters of our beta since 2.3.5
>
> * contains few of the patches necessary to close issues since 2.2.21
>
> I think this release is a waste of the project's time and energy, and
> I had forewarned you of that opinion on private lists.
>
> Until this project learns to protect users from published issues, -1
> to any further version-major releases.

Bill, I am taking your advice and learning some tact, so I
respectfully ask: "What is your major malfunction?" I am
growing tired of you constantly complaining while doing *nothing*
to address those self-same issues which you seem to find so
problematic.

Aren't *you* part of this project? If "this project" is lacking
in protecting users from published issues, then aren't you
just as at "fault" as everyone else?