httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Questions on open ports between trunk and 2.4.x
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:37:22 GMT
On 31.01.2012 17:17, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On 31 Jan 2012, at 5:43 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>
>> All the items listed are actual code differences. The log info was the shortest way
to explain the differences. I tried hard to verify, that the differences I've seen are actually
the ones generatde by these missing commits.

>> In this case check
>>
>> modules/cache/cache_storage.c
>> modules/cache/cache_storage.h
>> modules/cache/mod_cache.c
>>
>> for differences.
>
> The code in v2.4 is correct. The code on trunk still has work outstanding to address
cache invalidation, an issue that is an edge case in HTTP and needs more work on it.

So:

[  ] leave trunk as is, i.e. do not forward port the changes that are in
2.4 but not in trunk

[  ] sync trunk with 2.4 because that's a better baseline for adding
improvements

[  ] something else (what?)

Rainer