httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESCINDED ]Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.0
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:34:43 GMT

Betreff: http://svn.apache.org/snapshots turned off
Datum: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 11:45:38 -0700 (PDT)
Von: Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com>
Antwort an: Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com>
An: Apache Infrastructure <infrastructure@apache.org>

After starting the migration to having svn serviced
with 1.7.0 a few weeks ago, we inadvertently broke
the ancient snapshot service on svn.apache.org.
Now is therefore as good a time as any to finally
deactivate it, so I've gone ahead and done that.

Development communities who still require periodic
snapshots of svn should setup a build service (either
buildbot or jenkins) to do that.  People wishing to
retain such a service in order to make it available
to the general public are simply out of luck as such
people are effectively trying to route around ASF policy
regarding releases.

Pass this info along as necessary.