httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [Vote] httpd 2.2.22 release
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:02:37 GMT
> On 1/29/2012 3:18 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> Overview:
>>
>> Minor problem (not a regression): config.guess and config.sub are a bit old (2008)
due to
>> buildconf in the released apr overwriting the config.* in our svn by the
>> system config.*. This is fixed for future apr releases.
>
> Cool, thanks.

No need for current thanks, that was fixed long a go, but needs a new
apr release to become effective.

>> One new finding (but not a regression): when building with gcc 4.6.2 configure fails
>> during the version check for an external apr-util. gcc 4.6.2 aborts when parsing
>> apu_version.h because the file includes apr_version.h and the configure check has
only
>> includes set for apu, so the external apr_version.h is not found. Older gcc 4.1.2
also
>> outputs an error but does not abort so for the older gcc the check succeeds. I will
>> propose a fix.
>
> Hmmm?  So, attempting to use external apr-util, where no external apr exists?
>
> That would not be possible, since apr-util required apr in the first place;
> right?

No, apr and apr-util both were external but not in any default system path.

We add apu-1-confg --includes to CPPFLAGS and then use CPP and
apu_version.h to detect which version we have. That works for most gcc
versions, but recent gcc chokes, because apu_version.h includes
apr_version.h, which can not be found due to our setting of CPPFLAGS.
gcc 4.6.2 based cpp then aborts parsing apu_version.h and our version
check fails.

Adding apu-1-confg --includes *plus* apr-1-confg --includes to CPPFLAGS
before the version check fixes this.

Regards,

Rainer