httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.2.22
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:38:26 GMT
On 1/23/2012 5:35 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:

> The Include/IncludeOptional stuff is your code, instead of voting against your own code,
fix it instead:

The code below is a simplification of your code.  I merely reorganized
your logic, warts and all.

When my sense of obligation to 2.2/2.0 and those users is satisfied with
this release candidate, I can turn my attention to remaining defects,
which appears to be the failure to ignore all not-found failures given
one success case.  I trust that we don't want to ignore other failures,
such as unreadable/permission denied/bad syntax?

> r931435 | wrowe | 2010-04-07 06:51:46 +0200 (Wed, 07 Apr 2010) | 6 lines
>
> First order simplification; Add IncludeOptional for introducing
> wildcard pattern matches or specific includes which may be omitted.
> Refactors ap_process_resource_config() to deal efficiently with
> a single file, and renames the new _ex() flavor per list discussion
> to  ap_process_fnmatch_configs() for wildcard processing.

> It should not have fallen on sf to have to document this change.

True.  Stefan has gone above and beyond in contributing to making
these 2.4 tags ready.  In fact, he's earned the distinction of
being a key contributor to making it happen.  Hard to imagine how
far we would be without his help.