httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject T&R 2.2.22 in T-12hrs today (was: need for release managers)
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:27:05 GMT
On 1/17/2012 11:52 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> I can tag and roll 2.0.65 and 2.2.22 today, if that's the desire of the project.

As I had promised a week ago, given the commit activity of 1/24, it appears
2.2 branch is now ready for a release, and I will proceed to T&R at 2000GMT
unless anyone screams loudly, and please be very specific so we can react to
the issue without holding up a release much longer.  It doesn't appear that
there are further changes likely to be ready for this release based on the
contents of STATUS.

I would let the vote proceed for the full 72 hours to ensure that we get
major issues entirely addressed upon this release with no regressions.
If a reroll becomes necessary, I would expect a very short vote on the
reroll/regression fix, to coincide with the end of the original vote.

As far as the "final flavor" of each of the security issues addressed in
this candidate, we can begin moving those into patches/apply_to_2.2.21/
and making them ready for backport into 2.0.65 over these next days,
during the release vote cycle.  I would like to point to these in the
announcement, and even tag 2.0.65 by sometime Friday on a short 24 hour
vote to have these releases coincide.  I'd also like to make sure we
had concensus on dropping 2.0.65 following its release, which I would
make a choice on the release candidate ballot itself.

My heartfelt Thank You to Everyone who has helped get us to this point!