httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregg L. Smith" <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.0
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 19:03:50 GMT
On 1/20/2012 10:40 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> On 1/20/2012 7:01 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> I will note, for the record, that despite my request, it does
>> not look as if anyone has added the Windows issue(s) as either
>> showstoppers in STATUS or created a BUGZ issue to enable us
>> to track it. Apologies if this *was* done and I simply missed
>> it.
> You simply missed it and apology accepted.
>
> I hope to spend time this weekend on the win32 build.  I would
> like very much to dump .dsp/.dsw prior to your tag.  That means
> some sort of .mak (simplified from the dsp output, I hope!) and
> certainly sln/vcproj files that are modestly portable across
> several more recent visual studio versions.
>
> Also expecting 2.3.7 mod_fcgid should be ready to tag by Monday.
> Would be great if they worked together :)

Slow down please. -0.5

Which sln/vsproj? VC10?
I think dsw/dsp should stay. They are compatible with VC6-9, so they
cover many version , unlike VC10 that works only with VC10.

Granted one could call VC6 & 7 surely dead though I still use VC6 for
quick builds on occasion cause it compiles quickly (60-80 seconds) and
needs no redist.

I beg you to keep the dsw/dsp and just add in VC10 sln/vcproj. That
covers everyone. A simple del /s *.sln *.vcp* will remove those VC10
files for those of us not ready to move to VC10 (till such time as php
moves there).