httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.0
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:26:29 GMT
On 1/18/2012 6:12 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On 18 Jan 2012, at 4:56 AM, Noel Butler wrote:
>> This never was a problem in 2.2, if one disabled dav it was disabled, as it should
be disabled, fully, not only in parts, here and there, granted it's now changed because modules
are no longer defaulted to statically built, but plenty of admins will use this method, I
also favour it (heh, obviously since I found it), so if the option to revert to old method
is offered as it is via --enable-mods-static=all, then if someone disables a specific mod
like dav (which some security type scanners suggest), it should be fully disabled and the
build should succeed.
> This was and still is a problem in v2.2 for mod_proxy, and a number of other modules.
If you turn mod_proxy off, you'll have the build fail caused by mod_proxy_http and friends.
I looked at fixing this recently and discovered this was a massive job, one for the timescales
given by v2.6, not v2.4.

This should be trivially solvable in the autoconf .m4 config sections
for proxy and dav.

Disabling the 'parent' module must disable building the sub-modules.

View raw message