httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregg L. Smith" <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: SSL and windows with AcceptFilter https none
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 20:06:27 GMT
On 1/17/2012 11:25 AM, Steffen wrote:
> It is line with our reports. Thanks, and this confirms again there is some broken serious.
>
> For me a showstopper 2.4, tons of win users going to deal with this.
>
> Work around is to use 2.2.21 SSL-only and minimal config in front of 2.4.
Another possible workaround.

Not to set the AcceptFilter to none for https and reduce the
|MaxConnectionsPerChild so the server respawns new child processes more
often. This should have the same effect (if you can get the number
right) to scheduling a graceful restart every N minutes/hours|.  I had
done the latter (scheduling graceful restarts) to keep Apache answering
when the AcceptFilter for both http & https were broken since I would
get the AcceptEx errors and eventually server would not respond.

I second the Thanks to Daniel for taking the time to test this and give
his opinion on the matter.

Regards,

Gregg