httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.0
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 05:01:02 GMT
> On 1/16/2012 11:50 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> The 2.4.0 (prerelease) tarballs are available for download and test:
>>
>> 	http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
[...]
> then I have no reason to test.  -1 to release.  Learn tact, man.

To further elaborate...

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/httpd/patches/

 * contains nothing to protect adopters of our beta since 2.3.5

 * contains few of the patches necessary to close issues since 2.2.21

I think this release is a waste of the project's time and energy, and
I had forewarned you of that opinion on private lists.

Until this project learns to protect users from published issues, -1
to any further version-major releases.