httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Style violations
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 18:04:37 GMT
Am 08.01.2012 17:20, schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> How much is "entirely"?
>
> Do the>80char lines in ap_listen.h, ap_mmn.h, ap_mpm.h, ap_provider.h,
> ap_regex.h, ap_regkey.h, ap_slotmem.h, http_core.h, http_protocol,h,
> etc etc etc etc also constitute a rating of "entirely"?
>
> I'd look for more, but my time is better spent fixing things that
> I find need-to-be-fixed rather than just pointing them out...
:-)
on the other side: I've asked me already often if we shouldnt increase
the maxchar/line; I believe that would in many cases greatly increase
readability ...
and honestly: who the heck does nowadays work on a 80-line terminal??
isnt that a relic inherited from stone-time? I would be fine with f.e.
110 or 120 chars/line.

Gün.