httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Backtrace on Windows Docu outdated
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 19:07:58 GMT
On 1/3/2012 12:48 PM, Steffen wrote:

> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html#backtrace-win
>
> There is no Dr Watson anymore in Windows Server 2008.

Of course you can accomplish the same with windbg, but instructions on
precisely how to do it would be much more wordy to the point of not fitting
into the scope of our simple background docs (e.g. we don't try to cover
all of gdb, dbx, etc etc).

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2007/06/15/capturing-application-crash-dumps.aspx

see the comments on ADplus (debugging tools for windows is probably the
simplest, install the flavor for x86 or x64 to correspond to the version
of httpd you would be experimenting with)