httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Steffen <i...@apachelounge.com>
Subject Re: ******* Re: Time for 2.4.0 GA??
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 12:31:10 GMT
Thanks for the understanding.

Experience is that win issues hardly land in the status. Mostly the answer is make a bug report,
and it is of the table and sitting as reported bug for a very long time. Take for example
the serious bug from Mario about the balancer in 2.3. An other are the mod_fcgid bugs.

Also I cannot believe  that eg the rewrite p issue was/is(?) only win.

I propose that the ASF is also going to run windows on one of the heavier/complex  sites !!
 Maybe a vote on that can started.  Please consider.

Steffen

Op 16 jan. 2012 om 06:15 heeft Sander Temme <sctemme@apache.org> het volgende geschreven:

> On Jan 12, 2012, at 2:24 AM, Steffen wrote:
>
>> We have at least 4 hard bugs in 2.3.16.   Known for a long time, and no need to exposure
more for these.

> Are they listed in STATUS under the Release Showstoppers section?  That currently only
lists the need to remove undocumented modules as showstopper, and I believe we have even booked
some progress on that one.  Going by STATUS, things do indeed look stable, good and happy.

> This is not so much for folks like yourself who are intimately familiar with these bugs,
but more for the rest of us who don't use Windows and may never encounter the problems.