httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: 2.4.0 GA This week?
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 13:48:15 GMT
One reason to announce my intent was to basically "encourage"
people to try HEAD and see how it works for them. If we lack
sufficient people with access and/or knowledge about Windows,
or if they don't bother to try things out until they get a
tagged and rolled tarball (or whatever), then that is the
issue that needs to be discussed and resolved.

Another reason was to also encourage people to practice some
restraint against willy-nilly changes, so that the delta
between the last beta and what we hope to go GA with isn't
so large as to warrant YAB (Yet Another Beta)... Of course,
bugs should be squashed, but YAR (Yet Another Refactor) should
be carefully considered.

View raw message